What we love most about Rita and Norbert is their passion to make a difference in Peru! It can get very depressing when faced with the vastness of the problem for the neglected and orphaned children of Peru. But Rita and Norbert do it out of blind faith and believe that they will find away.
They plan to…
- Extend and form a complex of buildings to accommodate more living groups with the children. (maximum of 6 children per group)
- Open a workshop aimed at developing the creative, educational and mechanical skills of the children and to prepare them for a great future. This centre will give opportunities for the enhancement of foreign language skills, computer knowledge, and experiences in art and music.
- Install professional international and national social workers to support the indigenous children who live near as well as in the higher mountain regions.
- Build accommodations for visitors that includes a kitchen and recreation room. The guesthouse should also be used for international guests as a hostel.
- Launch an international cultural youth exchange. The income of the hostel is going straight into the overall project as self-sustainability. An international exchange could help many of the local children and teenagers to exchange and compare views, values and gain sympathy for other cultures as well as a better education – the requirement for a promising future.
In order to do so, they need…
Hosteria Rumichaca ( Stone Bridge )
- 1.25 acres in the Sacred Valley of Peru. Selling Price: $750,000 U.S.
Real Estate within the Sacred Valley of Peru is in high demand and will not stay on the market for long periods of time.
There is a large and growing demand to help the orphans and indigent children throughout the area of the Sacred Valley. There are many thousands of children living in the Sacred Valley who remain neglected and abandoned today. The only source of income for the locals is tourism.
- Option A: $350,000 down payment and $350,000 in 3 months to purchase Stone Bridge property.
- Option B: rent property in same area with enough room for “Community Center” and 3 to 5 bedrooms to board volunteers for $2,500/mo = $30,000 per year
CURRENT and ONGOING Project Needs:
• Find a new living location for their orphanage to grow.
• Food, clothing, tuition, and staffing expenses.
• Medical expenses.
• Electric/gas/water/rental expenses YTD.
If this project resonates with you and moves you, please help us support Rita and Norbert and Inti Wawacuna TODAY by donating HERE. Remember you can specify which projects you would like to support.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
Project Left Behind